Bachelor of Science Agricultural technology (AGRONOMY OPTION)
Institution: University for development studies (UDS)
Class: 2nd class honor (upper division)
Project work title: Evaluation of Different Concentration of Moringa Leaf Extract for Control of Yam Rot Fungi.
Courses: Post-harvest technology, Plant Pathology, plant breeding, Crop physiology, Soil survey, Research methods in Agronomy. Symbiosis in crop production, Entomology, weed science, Storage pest management, Experimental design, Agro-forestry, Agricultural Statistics, Soil Chemistry and physics, Insect control etc.
- Assisting in field layout
- Taking data
- Data entering
- Assisting in data analysis
- Assisting Project coordinators regarding compilation of research data, preparing project report, conducting field survey etc.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Good skills in Microsoft word, power point presentation, internet and other web browsing.
- Good skills in entering CRD and RCBD data into Microsoft excel.
- Good skill in using GENSTAT statistical software in doing analysis of variance (ANOVA) to RCBD and CRD experiments data.
- Good skills in internet research and communication.
- Good skills in using R Statistical package
PERSONAL AND TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Very good in field work and laboratory work
- Can work under extreme pressure
- Good communication ability
- Able to work independently as well as in a team
- Can work with minimal supervision
- Can work in a multidisciplinary team and multicultural environment